NEC Scholarship or the North Indian Council is a government statutory body that consists of the eight states of North East India which are. Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, and Sikkim. The NEC lies under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. The NEC Scholarship is given by the council to students who are permanent residents of any of these eight states and are wanting to pursue an undergraduate degree or a postgraduate degree or a diploma in any part across the country. The eligible and deserving candidates are provided with financial assistance as well as other amenities such as books, stationaries, etc.
The backward class students who are economically weak and are unable to finance their higher education due to low family income but are willing to pursue various courses after class 12 are highly benefited from the NEC scholarship scheme. The scholarship is awarded based on different factors such as academic performance, economic status, etc. The scholarship amount ranges from Rs 20000 to Rs 30000 per annum depending upon the courses the candidate is wanting to pursue. The applicant can apply through the online portal from the Official website.
Details of NEC Scholarship:-
Scholarship Name:- NEC Scholarship
Organization:- Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, Govt of India.
Scholarship No:- 1600
Recipient:- North-Eastern states students.
Apply Mode: Online
Official Website:- www.necoucil.gov.in
Candidates should have 60% marks in their last examination.
Candidates must be permanent residents of any of the states of the North Eastern Council.
Candidates’ family income should not be more than 4.5 lakh.
Candidates should not apply for any other scholarships.
Candidates should be 10th passed.
Candidates should be pursuing a Diploma, Degree, Post Graduate, M.Phill / Ph.D. degree on a reputed University.
Rewards of NEC Scholarship:-
Candidates will be rewarded Up to INR 30,000 /- per annum. Students will get this amount in their Bank Ac.
• Mark sheet of the last examination
• Date of birth certificate
• Income Certificate of the Family
• Aadhar Card/Pan card
• Bank AC Details mentioning A/C number and IFSC code.
• Community Certificate or Caste Certificate.
• Fee Receipt of Current Institutions
• Address proof
• Passport size photograph of the students
• Scanned signature of the applicant
How to Apply:-
- Go to the Official website www.necoucil.gov.in
- • Candidates must register themselves on the portal
- • Fill up all the details and information asked in the form and complete your profile.
- • Read the instruction carefully
- • Attach all the Documents Required
- • Attach photography in jpg format
- • Click on Submit Button
- • The application Has Been Generated. Save this for Future Use
- • Take a printout of the application form and submit it to your institute along with other supporting documents.
If the candidates have any problem Candidates can call our helpline no – 03642522674.
If the candidates want to renew they can visit the NEC official website to renew the application. Then they log in their ID & Password.
Selection will be based on merit. The candidate’s last examination number will be mandatory to the selection process.
Official Scholarship Website:-
You may like – Tata Scholarship
- Who can apply for NEC Scholarship?
- Applicants, whose family income is very low & unable to pay fees for higher studies, can apply for this scheme.
- SCBC Scholarship Website?
- The official website is – www.necoucil.gov.in
- Can you edit the application after submission?
- Yes, the students can edit the application before it is verified from the institute. After the verification restrictions will be enable.
- Can all States candidates can apply for this scholarship?
- No, only North-Eastern states students can apply for this scholarship.
- How can I apply for SCBC Scholarship?
- Students can apply for this scholarship by online.