NMMS Scholarship is one of the best Scholarships. The Ministry of Human Resource Department, Government of India has launched the National Means Cum Merit Scholarships (NMMS Scholarship) to senior and higher secondary students. The Candidates will have to take the NMMS Entrance Exam to be able to avail themselves and get selected for the scholarship.
To promote education among the students and reduce the dropout rates, the Government of India provides various scholarship schemes for the students who belong to the economically weaker section of society and are unable to continue with their education. The department of school education and literacy under the ministry of human resource development has initiated the NMMS Scholarship 2021. Under this scheme, the students belonging to the poor sections whose family income is not able to support their education, are financially awarded Rs 12000 per annum for all candidates.
Every year around 100000 students are selected for this scholarship scheme and the selection is made solely on the basis of merit depending upon the performance in the Entrance exam.
Details of the NMMS Scholarship:-
Name of the Scholarship: National Means Cum Merit Scholarship
Conducted By: Government of India
Moto:- The scholarship is given to students of India
Application period: August to November
Apply Mode: Online/Offline
Objective: to provide financial assistance to students
Regards: Rs 12000 per annum
The candidates who are willing to apply for this NMMS scholarship must be regular students of class 9 and have scored a minimum of 55% in the final exam of class 8.
The candidates must be studying in Government or Local Body/Government schools.
To continue the scholarship in class 12, the candidate must have scored at least 60% marks in the class 10 board exam.
The candidate’s annual family income should not be more than Rs 1.5 Lakh.
Also, those students who are enrolled in NVS, KVS, Sainik schools, and private schools are not eligible for this NMMS scholarship.
The students of class 9 are awarded a scholarship amount of Rs 12,000 per year.
The scholarship is renewed every year till the student completes their Higher Secondary level of education of Class 12 and the candidate must get promotion into higher class every year.
• Mark sheet of class 7 and 8
• Income Certificate of the Family
• Aadhar Card/Pan card
• Bank AC Details mentioning A/C number and IFSC code.
• Community Certificate or Caste Certificate.
• Fee Receipt of Current Institutions
• Address proof
How to Apply:-
Go to the Official website nmms.mscescholarshipexam.in
• Candidates must register themselves on the portal
• Fill up all the details and informations asked in the form and complete your profile.
• Read the instruction carefully
• Attach all the Documents Required
• Attach photography in jpg format
• Click on Submit Button
• The application Has Been Generated. Save this for Future Use
• Take a printout of the application form and submit it to your institute along with other supporting documents.
The selection of the students is mainly based on the merit of the NMMS entrance exam. Two tests are conducted MAT (Mental Ability Test) AND SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
MAT – This test examines the reasoning abilities and critical thinking of students through 90 multiple-choice questions.
Most of the questions may be based on topics like analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figures, etc
SAT – SAT consists of 90 multiple-choice questions.
The syllabus of SAT covers the subjects of science, social studies, and mathematics as per the syllabus of classes 7 and 8.
For any query:-Helpline Number- 0120-6619540, Email Id- [email protected]
Official Scholarship Website:-
You may like –
You may like – Tata Scholarship
- Who can apply for NMMS Scholarship?
- Cndidates who are studying for higher studies, they scan apply for this scholarship.
- Can you edit the application after submission?
-Yes, the students can edit the application before it is verified by the institute. After the verification restrictions will be enabled.
- What is the official website of NMMS Scholarship?
- How can I apply for NMMS Scholarship?
- Students can apply for this scholarship by online.
- Can all state students apply for this Scholarship?
- Yes,all state students can apply.