ADW scholarship is also known as the Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare scholarship. The Department of Backward Classes Welfare under the Government of Tamil Nadu has launched the ADW scholarship to the deserving and eligible students of the Tamil Nadu state. The adi dravidar community is socially backward and financially poor category families. Many families lack the basic necessary resources and fall below the poverty line due to low family annual income and any proper job. Therefore, the Tamil Nadu government has initiated the ADW scholarship to motivate and encourage the students to pursue higher education by allowing them and helping them with proper financial assistance and other monetary benefits.
The major objective of this program is to promote the faster socio-economic and educational development of the Adi Dravidars and Tribals. So that it can end their social non-gathering and economic deprivation and also interact them with the national mainstream. Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department are announcing many educational scholarship schemes from class 1 to PG and Ph.D. degree with the aim to provide better education to the socially backward SC, ST people and ensure upbringing in their social status and help to build better careers. This scholarship scheme is mainly for the minority class people.
Details of ADW Scholarship:-
Scholarship Name:- ADW Scholarship
Organization:- Govt of Tamil Nadu state.
Recipient:- Minority students of Tamilnadu state.
Apply Mode: Online
Official Website:– escholarship.tn.gov.in
Types of ADW Scholarship:-
Post Matric ADW Scholarship
Pre Matric ADW Scholarship
- The applicant should be a permanent citizen of Tamilnadu State.
- Applicants must belong to SC/ST, minority Muslims or converted Christianity.
- The candidate’s family income should not be more than 2 lakh.
- Students who are studying class 1 to the Ph.D. level can apply for the ADW scholarship.
- The distance of the school & resident must be more than 5 KM.
ADW Scholarship reward amount is Rs.1,00,000. which is given by Tamilnadu Govt. & also 11 class students will get free Bicycles. Note Books, Text Book & School uniform also given to the candidates.
• Mark sheet of the last examination
• Date of birth certificate
• Income Certificate of the Family
• Aadhar Card/Pan card
• Bank AC Details mentioning A/C number and IFSC code.
• Community Certificate or Caste Certificate.
• Fee Receipt of Current Institutions
• Address proof
• Passport size photograph of the students
• Scanned signature of the applicant
How to Apply:-
Go to the Official website escholarship.tn.gov.in
• Candidates must register themselves on the portal
• Fill up all the details and pieces of information asked in the form and complete your profile.
• Read the instruction carefully
• Attach all the Documents Required
• Attach photography in jpg format
• Click on Submit Button
• The application Has Been Generated. Save this for Future Use
• Take a printout of the application form and submit it to your institute along with other supporting documents.
If the candidates have any problem Candidates can call our helpline no – 044-28516689. or Fax – 044-28419612, or mail our mail id – [email protected]
If the candidates want to renewal they can visit the ADW official website to renew the application. Then they log in their ID & Password.
Selection will be based on merit. Candidates cast & last examination number will be mandatory to the selection process.
Official Scholarship Website:-
You may like – Tata Scholarship
- Who can apply for ADW Scholarship?
- Applicants, whose family income is very low & unable to pay fees for higher studies, can apply for this scheme.
- ADW Scholarship Website?
- The official website is – escholarship.tn.gov.in
- Can you edit the application after submission?
- Yes, the students can edit the application before it is verified from the institute. After the verification restrictions will be enable.
- Can all States candidates can apply for this scholarship?
- No, Only Tamilnadu States candidates can apply for this scholarship.
- How can I apply for ADW Scholarship?
- Students can apply for this scholarship by online.