UGC Scholarship is a special scholarship scheme developed by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for students belonging to the North Eastern Region (NER) of India. It aims to promote higher education and encourage the children to belong to the financially weaker section of the NE region. Every year almost 10000 Scholarship schemes are launched by the govt under the Ishan Uday Scholarship for the students of North East India who are studying general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), also known as the Ministry of Education, had initiated this special scholarship scheme, Ishaan Uday in 2014 under the University Grants Commission (UGC). Under this scheme, the Government of India provides applications for the meritorious and eligible students of the North Eastern Region through National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
Many students who are economically weak and have low family income are unable to complete their studies due to various financial problems, this scholarship scheme will help them pursue their studies under different fields of their choices and make their careers. This scheme is restricted to the students of North East India and many are benefiting from the Ishan Uday Scholarship.
Types of UGC Scholarship:-
- Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder.
- Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child.
- Post Graduate Scholarship for professional studies.
- Ishan Uday Special Scholarship for N.E.R
- Emeritus Fellowship.
- Dr.D.S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme.
- Dr.S. Radhakrishnan Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates.
- National Fellowship for Higher Education of ST Students.
- National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students.
- National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities.
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students.
- Swami Vivekananda one girl Child Scholarship for Analysis in Social Science.
Details of UGC Scholarship:-
Name of the Scholarship: UGC Scholarship
Conducted By: Ministry of Human Resource Development
Objective: To provide education to eligible and meritorious candidates of Punjab State
Apply Mode: Online
Website : www.ugc.ac.in
The Scholarship is open for only a girl child of a family.
Candidates should have passed 12th.
Students should be 50% marks in their last Examination.
Annual Family Income should not be less than 3 Lakh.
Students who are applying for any other scholarship cannot apply for this scholarship.
Applicants should be going to school/college/university.
Under UGC Scholarship, the amount of the awards is different. This information will be announced on the official website.
If the students want to renewal, They must have been admitted to the 1st-year course. then they can log in to their id & Renewal their application.
UGC Scholarship Documents Required:-
• Birth Certificate or Board exam Admit Card.
• Mark sheets of last appeared examination.
• Income Certificate of the Family
• Aadhar Card/Pan card
• Domicile Certificate
• Bank AC Details mentioning A/C number and IFSC code.
• Address proof
• Two Passport size photographs.
How to Apply:-
• Go to the Official website www.ugc.ac.in
• Candidates must register themselves on the portal
• Fill up all the details and pieces of information asked in the form and complete your profile.
• Read the instruction carefully
• Attach all the Documents Required
• Attach photography in jpg format
• Click on Submit Button
• The application Has Been Generated. Save this for Future Use
If the candidates have any problem they can contact our mail id – [email protected] or call our helpline no – 0120-6619540.
Official Scholarship Website:-
You may like – Tata Scholarship
- Who can apply for UGC Scholarship?
- Applicants, whose family income is very low & unable to pay fees for higher studies, can apply for this scheme.
- What is the official website for UGC Scholarship Website?
- The official website is – www.ugc.ac.in
- Can you edit the application after submission?
- Yes, the students can edit the application before it is verified from the institute. After the verification restrictions will be enable.
- Can all States candidates can apply for this scholarship?
- YES, All States candidates can apply for this scholarship.
- How can I apply for UGC Scholarship?
- Students can apply for this scholarship by online.